Pre-Masters in Tourism & Hospitality
Are you a future tourism and hospitality industry leader? Enter this fast-paced global sector with a postgraduate degree accredited by the Tourism Management Institute. Benefit from the University’s strong industry partnerships and managerial focus.
- Previous university students have completed placements with organisations such as Hilton Worldwide, Royal Caribbean Cruises, and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
- Just 15 months after graduation, former Event Management graduates were working in roles including Events & Operations Coordinator, Events Manager, and Production Coordinator.
- Thanks to reputable partnerships and accreditations by the Tourism Management Institute, The Travel Association, and the Institute of Travel and Tourism, your degree will be recognised by organisations globally.
Pathways at the University of Plymouth
Fees for 2022/23
Fees for 2023/24
Stage 1: January and May
Stage 1: Pre-Masters
Critical Thinking for Postgraduate Study
You will develop a range of critical thinking skills, including argument construction and evaluation, debate, use of evidence and critical reading.
How will I be assessed? 30% coursework, 70% examination
Interactive Learning Skills and Communication for Postgraduate Study
You will acquire a range of academic communication skills(written and oral) to prepare you for your Masters and professional life.
How will I be assessed? 60% coursework, 40% examination
Research Methods for Postgraduate Study
You will improve your understanding of postgraduate research methods and methodologies, and learn how to plan and undertake this research.
How will I be assessed? 100% coursework
Stage 2: Masters degree
More programmes at UPIC
- Foundation Programmes
- Foundation in Arts, Design & Architecture
- Foundation in Biological/ Biomedical Sciences & Psychology
- Foundation in Business & Management
- Foundation in Computer Science
- Foundation in Construction Management & Building Surveying
- Foundation in Engineering & Robotics
- Foundation in Environmental Sciences
- Foundation in Health & Human Sciences
- Foundation in Law
- Foundation in Marine, Coast & Ocean Sciences
- Foundation in Maritime Business
- Foundation in Mathematical Sciences
- Foundation in Politics & International Relations
- Foundation in Tourism and Hospitality
- Postgraduate Programmes
- Pre-Masters in Business & Management
- Pre-Masters in Data & Computer Sciences
- Pre-Masters in Education
- Pre-Masters in Engineering
- Pre-Masters in Psychology
- Pre-Masters in Publishing
- Pre-Masters in Tourism & Hospitality