Pre-Masters in Engineering
Our Plymouth Engineers and Computer Scientists imagine, design and create the structures, networks and technical approaches that provide shelter, clean water, sanitation, transportation, energy production and security and protection from natural and digital hazards.
You will learn how to communicate effectively, manage projects and work in professional teams.
Our graduates have gone on to work in a wide range of roles in global, national and local companies and governmental organisations. Plymouth has been especially successful in promoting and encouraging women into electronics and robotics.
Pathways at the University of Plymouth
Fees for 2022/23
Fees for 2023/24
January, May and September *
January and May **
Stage 1: Pre-Masters
Critical Thinking for Postgraduate Study
You will develop a range of critical thinking skills, including argument construction and evaluation, debate, use of evidence and critical reading.
How will I be assessed? 30% coursework, 70% examination
Interactive Learning Skills and Communication for Postgraduate Study
You will acquire a range of academic communication skills(written and oral) to prepare you for your Masters and professional life.
How will I be assessed? 60% coursework, 40% examination
Research Methods for Postgraduate Study
You will improve your understanding of postgraduate research methods and methodologies, and learn how to plan and undertake this research.
How will I be assessed? 100% coursework
Stage 2: Masters degree
- MSc Mechanical Engineering Design **
- MSc Artificial Intelligence **
- MSc Autonomous Systems *
- MSc Civil Engineering **
- MSc Coastal Engineering **
- MSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering *
- MSc Offshore Renewable Energy Engineering *
- MSc Robotics *
ATAS Clearing Certificate required for MSc Mechanical Engineering Design and MSc Offshore Renewable Energy Engineering:
An earlier deadline of 30 June will apply to these two programmes to accommodate the ATAS application process.
More programmes at UPIC
- Foundation Programmes
- Foundation in Arts, Design & Architecture
- Foundation in Biological/ Biomedical Sciences & Psychology
- Foundation in Business & Management
- Foundation in Computer Science
- Foundation in Construction Management & Building Surveying
- Foundation in Engineering & Robotics
- Foundation in Environmental Sciences
- Foundation in Health & Human Sciences
- Foundation in Law
- Foundation in Marine, Coast & Ocean Sciences
- Foundation in Maritime Business
- Foundation in Mathematical Sciences
- Foundation in Politics & International Relations
- Foundation in Tourism and Hospitality
- Postgraduate Programmes
- Pre-Masters in Business & Management
- Pre-Masters in Data & Computer Sciences
- Pre-Masters in Education
- Pre-Masters in Engineering
- Pre-Masters in Psychology
- Pre-Masters in Publishing
- Pre-Masters in Tourism & Hospitality