Pre-Masters in Data & Computer Sciences
Launch your career in the IT industry with a cutting-edge postgraduate degree.
Our Pre-Masters in Data & Computer Sciences gives you the foundation you need to excel in your MSc Data Science and Business Analytics Masters.
The University’s specialist laboratories are equipped with the latest technology; you will learn how to master sophisticated analytic techniques and professional software.
- Graduates have gone on to work for Microsoft and IBM
Pathways at the University of Plymouth
Fees for 2021/22
Fees for 2022/23
Stage 1: January and May
Stage 1: Pre-Masters
Critical Thinking for Postgraduate Study
You will develop a range of critical thinking skills, including argument construction and evaluation, debate, use of evidence and critical reading.
How will I be assessed? 30% coursework, 70% examination
Interactive Learning Skills and Communication for Postgraduate Study
You will acquire a range of academic communication skills(written and oral) to prepare you for your Masters and professional life.
How will I be assessed? 60% coursework, 40% examination
Research Methods for Postgraduate Study
You will improve your understanding of postgraduate research methods and methodologies, and learn how to plan and undertake this research.
How will I be assessed? 100% coursework
Stage 2: Masters degree
More programmes at UPIC
- Foundation Programmes
- Foundation in Arts, Design & Architecture
- Foundation in Biological/ Biomedical Sciences & Psychology
- Foundation in Business & Management
- Foundation in Computer Science
- Foundation in Construction Management & Building Surveying
- Foundation in Engineering & Robotics
- Foundation in Environmental Sciences
- Foundation in Health & Human Sciences
- Foundation in Law
- Foundation in Maritime Business
- Foundation in Mathematical Sciences
- Foundation in Navigation, Marine & Ocean
- Foundation in Politics & International Relations
- Foundation in Tourism and Hospitality
- Postgraduate Programmes
- Pre-Masters in Business & Management
- Pre-Masters in Data & Computer Sciences
- Pre-Masters in Education
- Pre-Masters in Engineering
- Pre-Masters in Psychology
- Pre-Masters in Publishing
- Pre-Masters in Tourism & Hospitality