First year in Marine & Ocean
Jump straight into the first year of your Oceanography, Ocean Exploration or Ocean Science degree, but benefit from an integrated approach that offers a supported transition to studying in the UK.
If your IELTS score and high school leaving grades exceed the requirements for foundation entry, this option is for you. The Interactive Learning Skills and Communication (ILSC) module is taught at the college, but the rest of the course is taught at the University.
- ILSC: extra support with study and communication skills during the first year of your degree, preparing you for success at undergraduate level
- Optional placement year
Pathways at the University of Plymouth
Fees for 2019/20
- Introduction to Ocean Science
- Physical and Chemical Processes of the Ocean
- Measuring the Marine Environment
- Mapping the Marine Environment
- Exploration and Geomorphology of the Oceans
- Introduction to Biodiversity and Marine Ecosystems
Interactive Learning Skills and Communication (ILSC)
You will develop your academic communication skills and use of digital technology for higher education.
How will I be assessed? 60% coursework, 40% exam