Future Student Updates (COVID-19)

University of Plymouth International College

UPIC Award Logos

Your visa


Accept your offer

You are here!

Join us for orientation week

Your visa

If your course is longer than 6 months and you require immigration permission to study in the UK, you need to apply for a Student visa. Please note that you can only apply 6 months before the start of your course. (This may change due to the Covid-19 pandemic, please check with your visa application centre)

How do I apply for my visa?

You can apply online as long as you have:

  • A current passport that is valid for at least 6 months
  • Proof that you have the correct finances available
  • Your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies), issued by UPIC once you have confirmed your offer and paid your tuition fees

What is a CAS?

A CAS is a very important electronic document that contains information about you, your sponsor, your study programme (course) and your finances. You need a CAS number to support your visa application form.

What will my visa look like?

If your visa application is successful, you will be provided with a sticker for your passport. This is for temporary entrance and is called a vignette.

You will then need to collect your BRP card, which is your permanent visa. You will need your Student Route decision letter to collect your BRP.

How much does it cost?

It currently costs £348 to apply for this visa from outside the UK. You will also have to pay the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge (HIC) as part of your application.

How long does it take?

Visa processing times can vary from as little as 24 hours to up to 2 months. Click here for details.

What is a credibility interview?

You may also be required to sit a UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) credibility interview – please watch the video below for more information and get in touch if you have any questions.