Future Student Updates (COVID-19)

University of Plymouth International College

UPIC Award Logos


Accept your offer

You are here!

Join us for orientation week

This information is for guidance only.

Please refer to the UKVI website www.gov.uk/student-visa for the most accurate and up-to-date information.

Do you need a visa?

In order to travel and study in the UK for longer than six months, you must apply for a Student Route visa. You must pass a points-based assessment and score 40 points to get your visa. You may also be required to sit the Credibility Interview - here's a short video explaining what's involved, please take a moment to watch the video.

How is the score calculated?

You will score 30 points for a CAS Statement from an approved education provider and 10 points if you can show you have enough finances to cover your course fees and monthly living expenses for up to nine months (known as maintenance).

What is a CAS Statement?

  • A CAS statement is a letter issued by your chosen university and includes information about you, your course and your finances. This must include:
  • Route – your information, passport details, nationality, approved education provider’s licence number and address.
  • Course – title, qualification on completion, framework, start and end date, unconditional offer for main course, hours per week, last date you can join the course, address, offer letter, academic documentation, current qualifications and their providers details, ATAS clearance certificate.
  • Money (also known as maintenance) – course fees, accommodation fees, proof of finance.

For further information about the documentation which you need to provide to prove availability of funds, visit the UKVI website.

How do I apply?

  • You will need to fill in the application form, pay your fee and include:
  • a current passport or travel document
  • a CAS Statement from a licensed sponsor
  • documents to show you have the right finances (maintenance) available
  • documents used by your sponsors when they accepted you onto the course
  • The UK Border Agency will also need to record your biometric details if you are applying from outside the United Kingdom.