“Britain’s coolest little city by the sea” – GQ Magazine
“I have never before… been gifted with such… natural beauty” – Hollywood director Steven Spielberg
Your life in Plymouth, Britain’s Ocean City
Plymouth is a vibrant coastal city in the South West, located in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Offering the best of both city life and the great outdoors, it’s the ideal place to live and study. The iconic Dartmoor is just a short drive away, as are the sweeping coastlines of Devon and Cornwall.
Everything you need is within walking distance of the University of Plymouth campus – from the multi-million-pound Drake Circus shopping centre, to bars, clubs, restaurants, cinemas and theatres. The city has its own ferry port, with regular crossings to France and Spain, and is just an hour away from Exeter International Airport. The train station is a two-minute walk from the University, and you can get to London in three hours.
- 66% cheaper rent than London (Numbeo, 2021)
- Voted the 14th most popular student city in the UK by Student Crowd users (2021)
- There are seven beaches within city limits
- Home to the UK’s largest aquarium
- Plymouth accounts for 9.2% of England’s entire marine industry (DataPlymouth, 2021)
- Over 40% of the city is designated as green space (DataPlymouth, 2021)
See for yourself
Plymouth University International College, 15 Portland Villas, Drake Circus
Devon PL4 8AA
Prospective Student Enquiries:
Telephone: +44 (0) 1752 411 114